Oh yes, another night of hockey highlights. I have the Ducks – Predators game on the DVR, but I can’t get motivated to watch. I mean, the point was to see what the problem with the Predators is, but I can’t do it. Not tonight.
- T-Squared? OK, Kevin Weekes. You can call Tim Thomas whatever you like. Still, Weekes is a solid commentator on NHL On the Fly. He doesn’t do stunned-by-the-moves all that well, but then again, he speaks with authority when he has to, and like a fan when I want him to. Good job, Kevin.
- I will be losing the NHL Network next week. I can’t tell you how sad I am about this.
- I understand the reasoning behind the NHL not modifying the point system, but I don’t like it. I think I will be writing about it soon.
- The Neil hit: A study in so what? A big guy who plays the body and has speed. What’s the problem?
- The Maple Leafs are going to play the Carolina Hurricanes. Someone has to win that game, which is too bad, really. If the Canes win, the coach keeps his job, and if the Leafs win, the city of Toronto will has to spend all that money on a parade.
- The Forearm Forklift? Awesome! Get me two sets. That thing looks… sorry, NHL Network commercials. Everything a 40 year old needs.
- Anze Kopitar’s first goal of the night was beautiful. Fleury looked bad. Not this bad, but still bad:
- If I were the Penguins, I would be hanging my head low. Way to fall apart.
- I love seeing the water bottle on the top of the net bounce. It’s a wonderful thing.
- The Weezer Snuggie? At least they haven’t sold out.
- Shootouts: fun to watch, but not worth a point.
- Attendance in Atlanta: 10,878. Most of the fans must have been sitting in the upper bowl, because they weren’t in the lower.
- Voracek: Nice hair, just kidding.
Technorati Tags: Thin Air