Stuff that would normally go into the ether, were I still dealing with twitter.
– I went to a Spokane Chiefs game with Jason Cohen, author of Zamboni Rodeo, still one of my top five hockey books. Jason was a lot of fun, and I thank him for showing up. Now, if only the Kamloops Blazers had shown up.
– The Colorado Eagles are 7-0-1 so far this season, putting them first in the Conference with the least amount of games played. We will see what happens when they hit the road, but for now, things are looking pretty good in Ft. Collins.
– The same can’t be said for the Avalanche. You know, for all the crap Red Wings bloggers take for not writing after a Detroit loss, I am not seeing a lot of effort put into dissecting this latest blowout. Other than blaming the new 3rd jerseys, that is.
– Paul Kukla put this warning on his site the other day:
We really do appreciate you visiting all the blogs under the KK umbrella, but do want to remind you to keep your comments on the topic of the post and also to avoid the childish banter that does take place at times.
People want to read about the topic at hand, not how good you are at throwing out personal barbs at people.
There is a proper way to get your point across and then there is a way not to do it. If you don’t know the difference, then maybe KK is not the place for you. So either adjust or move on to another site.
Paul isn’t big on being criticized. But a warning like this seem kind of ridiculous when Kukla’s Korner plays host to the vitriol of Abel to Yzerman. Go figure. I support imposing control over your site, fostering the kind of community you want to have around, and moderating your commenters, but this is kind of funny. Actually, it’s really funny. Especially when the barbs thrown at Eklund are taken into account (Eklund is certainly not my favorite blogger). None of us are perfect, but come on.
– Hey, look at that. I’m on Puck Daddy: Five reasons why Avalanche blogger Tapeleg loves hockey.
– If you had a choice between these two jerseys, which would you choose? Go let Ryan Classic know, or tell me here. I’d lean towards the black one, partly because of the tie up in the front, and partly because I’d hate to spill food on the white one.
– Sure, I’d call a jersey a sweater….. if it were made of wool, designed to keep you warm, or worn by this guy.
Anything in the EDGE system is not a sweater. Just saying.
– Here in Spokane, they have stick and puck time (ice time to work on your hockey skills) every week day. How about that, eh?
– Do you know what RSS is, or how to use programs like Google Reader or feed catchers like endo or NetNewsWire to make your life easier? Do you know about Instapaper for saving webpages for later reading with one click? Have you every used something like Readability to make the blogs you want to read easier for your eyes to handle? I’m thinking about doing a post on all of these things, to make reading hockey blogs better for you, the reader. Because what’s the point of making it difficult.
Technorati Tags: Thin Air